Dar es Salaam
Women Fund Tanzania Trust
WFT-Trust is the first and only women’s rights fund in Tanzania that has been in existence since 2008 and has been at the forefront championing gender equality, equity and women and girls’ rights through a funding mechanism that features strong capacity enhancement, strengthening linkages and collaboration among women’s rights organizations and mobilising resources. WFT -Trust is seeking to engage women, especially young feminists in different job positions to be based in Dar Es Salaam Headquarters.
Are you passionate about doing your work differently?
Do you have an understanding of feminist approaches to delivering substantive changes for women girls and children’s rights in Tanzania? Will you bring feminist lens and thought leadership in your position of work and less traditional approaches that will contribute to movement building processes with an empowering agenda of change? Are you in sync with the roles of women rights organizations and their movements in different sectors and across sectors, and an interplay of empowering mechanisms employed to delivering their work?
We are looking for you! To contribute in achieving the mission and vision of WFT-Trust and its impact on gender equality and women empowerment from the grassroot to the national level.
Job Title: Communication Officer
Functionally Reports to: Head of Resource Mobilization and Communication
Reporting to the WFT-Trust Head of Resource Mobilization & Communications, the Program Officer (Communications) will steer effective and interactive communication of across different mediums, as well as through the design, writing, production and distribution of communication materials. They will ensure that effective communication flows to and with WFT-Trust’s different partners throughout the year. This position will also contribute in growing and strengthening the communication unit of our Fund for effective sharing of its mission, achievements, herstories and popularize the work of our grantees as women and girls’ heroes in the country.
Providing conceptual and technical inputs in developing, framing organizational Communication strategy, tools and processes in this programming area
Developing and fostering high standards of publications and other communication in and across WFT-Trust, in line with communications standards.
Encouraging a ‘knowledge atmosphere’, where information flows well and freely across the organization.
Writing and producing high quality communication materials, and effectively communicating these across key audiences, promoting the image and objectives of the organization
Monitoring WFT-Trust in the media, analysing emerging trends to learn, and to inform WFT-T internal communication planning
WFT-T website and online presence
Working with the Program Officer(IT/Digital) to update and manage the WFT-Trust website and social medica pages, ensuring regular updates and posting of information with content that is up to date, accurate, and compelling.
Devising and implement strategies to reach out to more people, increase website traffic and provide stakeholders with interesting and informative content
Linking WFT-T rust achievement and fundraising efforts to WFT- T’s social media presence
Identify ways and means to build linkages between WFT-Trust website and social media channels and increase members participation at all these forums
Support local, regional and international advocacy engagement of the Fund by working with like-minded organizations, especially Women Funds at regional and international level, to identify key spaces, target audience and key messages, including social media presence during advocacy engagement.
Editing materials (papers, briefs, power point presentations, etc) in English and Kiswahili.
Knowledge building and resource platform
- Communicating clearly and in a timely fashion with external audiences, face-to-face, through email and telephone, conferences where appropriate, and other forms.
- Developing and maintaining good links with the media, organising media events, and sharing press releases.
- Managing knowledge documentation, supporting documentation and publication of work and lessons. Provide across the board administrative support
- Provide administrative support for both in person and virtual meetings including by taking minutes and documenting actions and outcomes
- Attend movement events and WFT-trust own events such as retreat to support with administration, communication and photography
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Media and Public relations, Information Communication, and Technology, Mass communication, Development Studies or related degree in the similar field preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience related to a communications function with exposure to feminist journalism either by training/short courses or practical work experience.
- Demonstrated interest in issues related to women rights, economic and social justice, gender studies, human rights and or related field
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili languages,
- Computer proficiency including web-based applications.
- Flair for working with visual materials, and a very creative eye able to present information in a visually-appealing format.
- Keen understanding of traditional media, social media and uses of new technologies for communication.
- Experience in using Google analytics and developing monthly and quarterly communication reports, collecting data ad producing nalysis and recommendations
- Creative thinker, with ability to exercise judgment and be a proactive problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal and team player skills
How to Apply
Remuneration will be in line with the set staff scheme of work of the organization which considers the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Applications: Interested applicants should send their application letter accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mails only, sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on the subject line the position you are applying for, Deadline for submission of applications is on 30th June 2022.
Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted. Young feminist women & women living with disability are encouraged to apply.
WFT-Trust is an equal opportunity employer and has a Zero Tolerance policy to all forms of Corruption including sexual corruption, sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and discrimination.