Purpose of Role
The Estate Manager leads the Agricultural function in accordance with laid down company policies and procedures to ensure that the Estate is managed to highest agricultural standards & ensure quality of tea and productivity is maximized
- Ensure the Estate is managed to the highest agricultural standards & tea quality & productivity improvement.
- Ensure that the financial expenditure is in line with the budget.
- Train & develop all staff & manage IR in the Estate
- Implement SHEQ policy in the Estate.
- Deliver the business targets aligned to the Company Strategy.
- Provide counselling services to employees in the Estate.
- Main interface with many roles e.g Factories, Finance, HRBP, Unions, Corporate Relations, R & D Legal etc
- Responsible for effective performance of 400 – 600 (350 – 400) Ha area in the Estate
- Participate in the preparation of Estate budgets & performance
- Responsible for the Company assets in the Estate/Estate.
- Responsible for cascading Company information to the employees.
- Implement all company policies and procedures in the Estate
- Checks and verifies labour pay records regularly
- Ensures reconciliation of the green leaf register against the weighment sheet.
- Maintains and update the weeding book
- Ensures that all office registers including the Overtime sheets, transport log sheets, history cards inventory cards are all up to date at all times.
- Maintain detailed records of all in-filling, and field sanitation.
- Reconciles the muster sheet with the labour distribution sheet & payroll outputs.
- Issues register, and regularly check all tools and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) ensuring their proper maintenance. (Monthly-Tools check).
- Responsible that all reports are made accurately and submitted on time.
- Be responsible for the proper administration of the general stores.
- In consultation with the manager, be responsible for authorisation of Compassionate, sick leave, maternity/paternity leave and annual leave.
- Ensures that appropriate and comprehensive records in areas of Operations are established and properly maintained.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Graduate in Agriculture, Horticulture, Agricultural Engineering or Bachelor of Science.
- 4 Years experience.
- Crop Production and Field Operations
- Sourcing – raw materials of agricultural origin
- Plant Breeding – tea nurseries
- Infrastructure Management
- Project Management
- Industrial Relations/Employee Relations
- As per job/site requirements, local travel likely.
Should meet expectations on the ekaterra Choice Values relevant to the work level.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading consumer goods companies, providing products to over two billion customers globally. The company is seeking to fill the role of Estate Manager in its headquarters in London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working within the global real estate team to manage, maintain and develop the company’s estate which includes buildings, land and other assets located across the UK and Ireland. They will also be responsible for providing support in the negotiation and evaluation of strategic and operational property portfolio.
Applicants must possess a high level of technical knowledge relating to estate management, along with a proven track record in managing a large scale and complex portfolio of properties, extensive contractual and commercial knowledge and a working understanding of public procurement processes.
The successful candidate will have strong communication and negotiation skills, good numerical skills and be organised and analytical, ensuring they deliver successful contract management and negotiations. They should be have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a larger team and have the flexibility to travel outside of the UK and Ireland when needed.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful, global company and to make a significant contribution to its growth and success in the future.
Unilever is looking for an ambitious and driven individual who possesses the required skills and knowledge to fill this demanding and varied role.
If you have the relevant qualifications and experience and are committed to providing a first-class property management service, please contact Unilever for further information on how to submit your application.