Internal Audit Manager, ICT
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Assist the country Head of Internal Audit in developing IT audit plan and budget.
- Manage the IT audit projects and costs to ensure audit engagements are executed in line with the approved annual budget
Internal business processes
- Provide leadership and deliver internal audit reviews on Information and Communication Technology of the NCBA Bank Tanzania Limited. Specifically:-
- Perform annual ICT audit planning and scoping in line with the bank’s ICT strategy.
- Provide management with guidance on ICT risk management matters, particularly on infrastructure and cyber security concerns.
- Conduct assurance and advisory/consulting reviews of systems, applications and IT processes. Prepare reports of review results to the Head of Internal Audit, Executive Management, Group IT Management, and Board Audit Committees;
- Perform pre- and post- implementation reviews of ICT (governance, business continuity and disaster recovery, general controls and application controls, and cyber security/information security),
- Coordinate the scope and perform ICT reviews with Group ICT audit team, business units, and external security experts (where required)
- Develop, build & implement tools to analyze data to improve audit efficiency and effectiveness. Ultimately be a source for analytics that IAD colleagues and Management adopt to provide business insights and for continuous auditing purposes.
- Track ICT audits and validate ICT issues to confirm adequacy of issues closure.
- Conduct continuous business monitoring reviews highlighting significant issues impacting the bank’s ICT environment, and timely suggest solutions to overcome them.
- Perform independent assessment of ICT risks including identifying areas where the bank should consider additional investment and areas Internal Audit should prioritize.
- Coordinate external auditors, regulatory examiners and assessors in performing ICT reviews.
- Monitor whistle-blowing process in line with the bank’s whistle-blowing policy.
- Assist in review of Internal Audit policies, procedures, and methodology to promote efficiency in audit execution and provide greater value to the bank.
- Carrying out other tasks as may be directed from time to time by the Head of Internal Audit.
- Understand the needs of clients and perform customer centric audits targeting at improving process efficiency.
- Conduct advisory and consulting audit reviews targeting at customer value addition.
- Build strong relationships and mutual trust with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Timely discuss and agree on the factual accuracy of audit observations with audit clients.
- Produce timely audit reports, and follow-up on timely remediation of audit findings especially those with direct impact to customers.
- Bachelor degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Must be qualified as CISA, CISM, CISSP or equivalent. Desired work experience:
- At least 3 years’ managerial experience in ICT auditing or ICT risk/control assurance activities preferably in financial services industry, and/ or is from a reputable Audit Firm.
- Relevant knowledge about banking products and services.
- Understanding of multiple technology domains including software development, Windows, database management, networking, SAP, and T24 system (preferred).
- Understanding of information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Practical understanding of regulatory (BOT) guidelines on IT.
- Proven track record of good conduct (values) and high performance in previous role(s).
Agile auditing, Governance, Risk and control, Business acumen, Communication, Critical thinking, Persuasion and collaboration, Improvement and innovation, Leadership, and Stakeholders management.
CVPeople Tanzania is delighted to announce an exciting new job opportunity as an Internal Audit Manager, ICT. We are looking to hire a diligent and knowledgeable individual who can lead the Internal Audit Team with ICT expertise.
The Internal Audit Manager, ICT position provides the opportunity to join CVPeople Tanzania’s professional team and become responsible for the development and implementation of an effective internal audit function. The successful candidate will work closely with the senior management team to ensure accurate and timely risk assessment of IT operations and the achievement of the organization’s objectives.
The key responsibilities of the role include overseeing the development of the risk control and audit strategy, integrating audit processes with the organizations objectives and developing audit programs to identify effectiveness and efficiency of operations. As part of the daily duties, the successful Internal Audit Manager, ICT will be required to recommend corrective action and advise on changes necessary to ensure adherence with standards and regulations.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology or another relevant field and extensive experience in carrying out audits and implementing controls within an ICT environment. We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive understanding of Computer Systems Architecture, Networks and Database Design, as well as organizational and business process. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with the ability to recognize and analyze risks while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
If you possess the necessary skills, experience and qualifications, we look forward to hearing from you.
CVPeople Tanzania provides a supportive and dynamic environment, allowing employees to reach their professional potential. If you feel you can bring your expertise to this position and make a positive contribution to the success of our company, please submit your CV for consideration to our Human Resources Department. We look forward to hearing from you.