About the job
We are looking for a Tanzanian IT Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day support of all IT systems, computer networks, PMS/POS system and internet throughout the various resorts. Besides the day-to-day issues we are looking for and individual who can train and coach other staff members in the use of the system and basis trouble shooting in various situations. An overview of all inventory related to the IT department and keeping track of software licenses and maintenance agreements is a crucial part of the job as well.
– Ensures cleanliness of all data equipment storage spaces and computer rooms
– Responsible for a smoot functioning and co-ordination of vendors like Zanlink for Guest Internet, Hotelogix for PMS systems, POS systems and other software vendors
– Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems with
– Responsible for overseeing and handling network configuration, servers, workstations, networking equipment, email accounts and support for the underlying server/desktop infrastructure
– Should be capable of doing Root Cause Analysis on a problem
– Must know the network fundamentals, general network set up and device configuration
– Individual that is a self-starter, alert, energetic, responsible and flexible
– Good knowledge of server hardware, disk storage and device configuration
– Skilled in usage of system level profiling tools and network monitoring systems to aid in application performance analysis
– Prepare and implement Preventive Maintenance Schedule for IT hardware & software
– Assist management with technical strategy, costing, budgeting and staff support requirements regarding new IT initiatives
– Managing backup systems and ensuring proper daily regular backups are taken
– Anti-virus set up and day to day support and control
– Identifies and implements solutions to user challenges and concerns associate with the use of personal computer equipment
– Maintain a system or process error log book
– Responsible to ensure business network stays protected and secure at all times
– Knowledge of network infrastructure including cabling, wireless network set up, network switches, WAN/LAN, Active Directory, firewall and VPN applications.
– Aware of local laws and regulations regarding data collection / storage and privacy.
IT Manager at Outstanding Solutions Ltd
Requirement and skills
– Degree or diploma in Information Technology
– In depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems
– Experience with hospitality related applications like PMS, POS, Key Card and PBX systems
– Excellent communication and listening skills
– Ability to work under high pressure
– Flexible in working hours, including weekends, evening and holidays
– Skilled in solving problems fast
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Hospitality IT operations or IT support roles.
Leave a Reply