Manager TRA Saccos
TRA SACCOS LTD
Dar es Salaam
TRA SACCOS LTD is a registered Savings and Credit Co-operative Society whose main objective is to mobilize savings from members and in return provide credit facilities. TRA SACCOS LTD is an employee- based SACCOS which was established under the current governing Cooperative Societies ACT No 20 of 2003 in 2006 and Licensed as Class B under microfinance act No 10 of 2018 in 2021. Other objectives of the SACCOS are to encourage thrift among its members by educating the members the advantages of developing a savings behavior, through proper investment best practices aimed at improving the social and economic conditions of the members. This is achieved by offering the members complementary savings schemes, credit facilities and other financial products as may be required by the members from time to time.
TRA SACCOS LTD invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of SACCOS Manager (1) position, to be based in Dar Es Salaam.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION.
To ensure maximum utilization of available resources and explore all potentials that will create values to members and TRA SACCOS LTD growth, wealth maximization and control of all Revenue and Expenses. The incumbent will ensure that in all of his/her undertakings encompasses and reflect the Vision and Mission of TRA SACCOS LTD.
POSITION: Manager TRA Saccos
The Manager will be reporting to TRA SACCOS Board of Directors.
MODES OF EMPLOYMENT: FULLTIME
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee effective and efficient implementation of the TRA SACCOS short- and long-term plans, and enforcement of relevant legislations, rules and regulations pertaining to the Cooperatives missions.
- Ensure various resources are identified, deployed and managed effectively to achieve positive results on attracting new members and increase financial liquidity and capital.
- Champion in all issues related to product development, innovation, market penetration, legal matters and use of technology to meet customer’s satisfaction.
- Collaboration with TRA SACCOS Board to undertake all human capital issues including staff motivation, financial discipline and capacity building to staff and members.
- Advice the TRA SACCOS Board on investment decisions.
- Establish, implement and enforce a robust TRA SACCOS wide risk management framework and systems (policies, processes and tools) covering operational risk, market risk, credit risk, legal risk and other risks.
- Administer preparation and manage TRA SACCOS budgets and financial projections and advise on appropriate approaches to minimize cost and maximize profit, oversee all compliance issues and ensure that are done timely.
- Secretary to the Board Meetings and carrying advisory role to the Annual General Meetings,
- To ensure preparation of annual, quarterly and monthly operational plans and budgets.
- To oversee and supervise of all daily operations of TRA SACCOS.
- Ensure safe custody of TRA SACCOS finances, cheques, cash, passbooks and all controlled inventory and fixed assets.
- To facilitate all Internal and External Audits involved in adherence, improvement and formulation of strong TRA SACCOS Internal Control systems.
- Service TRA SACCOS Board and Committee meetings.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the Board.
- Facilitate all audit activities, inspections and all TRA SACCOS Meetings.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the TRA SACCOS Board.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Applicant must: –
- Be a Tanzanian citizen with the age of not below 35 years and not above 50 years of age.
- Posses a Master’s Degree in Business administration,
- Accountancy, Finance from an Academic Institution accredited by the National Council for
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training (NACTVET) or by Tanzania Commission of Universities.
- Possess a Bachelor Degree in Business administration, Accountancy, Finance, Banking,
- Commerce from an Academic Institution accredited by the National Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (NACTVET) or by Tanzania Commission of Universities
- Possession of Professional qualifications such as CPA (T), ACCA is an added advantage
Posses’ good communication skills (Fluent in English and Kiswahili both oral and written) with keen attention to details.
- Be computer proficient in Microsoft Suite or be Computer proficient in other Microsoft products such as Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- At least three years working experiences in Managerial Position in reputable financial organization.
- Have excellent written and oral business communication and interpersonal skills.
Posses’ high degree of integrity.
- Be an Excellent team player with great interpersonal skills.
- Be a person with good knowledge of the Tanzania Cooperative
sector and how it is organized and Result oriented.
- Be a person with excellent facilitation skills, strong belief in serving customers, able to interact with officials at the highest levels of Other Co-operators, Government, civil society, and the private sector.
- Be able to work creatively with minimum supervision,
- Have proven Leadership and management skills
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Application letters together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and three traceable referees, two of which should be from previous employer(s) and/or current employer, must be submitted through E-mail address email@example.com by close of business on Monday, 17,h October, 2022.
All applications should be sent through the email above; only successful applications will be contacted for interviews. If you do not receive any feedback after two weeks, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidate
TRA SACCOS LTD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Leave a Reply