Positions: Procurement and Administration Officer
Report to: Head of Administration
Administrative and Procurement Officer for TCDC. S/he will be responsible for supporting the Organization and project’s administrative activities and procurements in coordination with the Project Manager’s. S/he works closely with project staff, vendors, and service providers to ensure that organization and project procurements are compliant.
Duties and responsibilities
- Receiving and reviewing correspondence to the office.
- Organize/conduct/do hotel bookings, follow up and Following up on hotel booking and making travel arrangements for staff.
- Providing logistical support to all staff
- Support administration department in general including delivering all administration services in the most efficient manner to facilitate the functions of other departments.
- Identify and fully understand the details and conditions of the best procurement methods to be used for maximized competitive bidding process through pre-qualification exercise, i.e. call for Expression of Interest or
- Request for Information. Launch of Request for Quotations, Requests for Proposals and Invitation to Bids.
- Inviting vendors to submit their quotations/prices or proposals based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved;
- Responsible to initiate/prepare LPOs and GRNs in compliance with the Procurement policy;
- Participating in opening of tenders, quotations, and evaluation;
- Prepare evaluation reports, abstracts or financial comparison matrix of offers, compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible with due consideration to cost, quality, delivery time, payments terms and others;
- Provide clarifications and advice on TCDC procurement procedures and practices; respond to queries about the status of delivery raised by requisitioner and about payment and other matters raised by the suppliers;
- Ordering office supplies and equipment to ensure smooth running of the office.
- Manage filing and archiving of administrative and technical documents and update registers regularly;
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of contractual agreements and purchase orders per their respective checklist;
- Following up on payments for suppliers
- Scanning of various procurement documents and store soft copies in safe locations;
- Expediting delivery of goods;
- Proper management and efficient utilization of stores.
- Maximize the best value for money for organization procurement activities and in line with the policies and procedures
- Work with TCDC program staff to understand procurement activities included in the projects annual workplans and budgets.
- Tanzanian national preferably with a Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Management in
- Procurement & Logistics or equivalent with at least Professional certificate issued by PSPTB;
- Knowledge of USAID procurement policies and regulations a plus.
- Ability to successfully work within a team, have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple, high pressure activities.
- Fluent in English and have strong interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse professional and social backgrounds with a service-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with international development organizations, with its systems and policies.
- High degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and in matrix organization.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-tasking setting.
- Experience with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and procurement software.
- Strong organizational, reporting and management skills.
How to apply
If you meet the criteria given and are interested in the positions, please send an application letter and updated CV combined as one PDF document. Include three referees.
All applications should be sent through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject on your application should be the position you are applying for .
The closing date of applications will be Friday 4th November 2022; 17:00hrs.
Direct application through other emails or hand delivery will not be accepted.
TCDC doesn’t require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of recruitment and selection process.
TCDC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation in any employment decisions.
TCDC regrets that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Leave a Reply