Job Title: Head – Marketing and Communication
Reports to: Managing Director
Date: July 20, 2020
- The Head of Marketing & Communication has primarily responsibility for the planning, development and implementation of marketing strategies, plans and campaigns and overall responsibility for compliance to Equity Bank identity and brand health monitoring.
- Responsible in developing effective marketing strategies, exploring for new markets to build and manage the Equity brand to meet strategic business objectives.
- Maintain a positive and vibrant relationship with media houses in Tanzania and effective management of reputation risk and publicity.
- To position the Bank as a Corporate Citizen in community development in Tanzania ,so to create an overall positive impact on society and relevant stakeholders by investing in communities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing Marketing and Communication strategies for the Bank in line with Bank objectives.
- Managing all Marketing and Communication initiatives for the Bank.
- Develop Marketing strategies to support business initiatives.
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising agencies
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns.
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity.
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Analysing potential strategic partner relationships for Bank marketing.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant Bank functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Crafting strategies for all marketing teams, including Digital, Advertising, Communications and Creativity.
- Assist in developing and implementing a Strategy for CSR which will form part of the overall Strategy required to implement CSR Equity Tanzania focus
- Serve as internal resource and external representative on CSR issues.
- Develop an accepted and long-term strategic plan/set of priorities for targeted communities
- Planning, Developing and Implementing PR strategies
- Managing enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns
- Organising events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
- Any other roles that may be assigned by the management.
Key Performance Measures
1. Improved Brand Visibility and Awareness
2. Marketing Events Satisfaction
3. Improved Social Media Uptake
4. Improved Digital Marketing
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
- Computer literate: technical knowledge of related programmes and computer software.
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience, with at least 3 years in a managerial position.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with good command of oral and written knowledge of English.
- Personal competencies
- A structured approach to dealing with complex and variable work environments in an independent manner.
- Ability to balance opposing business requirements.
- Ability to balance long term and short term requirements independently
- Strong evaluation, communication and reporting skills
- Able to provide advice and cause/effect evaluation to support business decision making
- Independent and logical thinker, yet an achiever and implementer
- Leads by example
- Good at managing large volumes of information and can add value through management reporting
- Builds relationships and networks easily
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to TZRecruitment@equitybank.co.tz
To be considered your application must be received not later than June 17, 2022.
Equity Bank (T) Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“Equity Bank (T) Ltd does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.