In order to be eligible for the NSFAS bursary, you must meet the following criteria: You must be a South African citizen and plan to study in 2023 or you must be currently enrolled at a university or TVET college.
NSFAS Application qualification Criteria 2023/2024
- You may apply if you are a SASSA grant recipient
- An annual household income of no more than R350,000 is considered low income
- Individuals with disabilities who earn more than R600,000 per year in their combined household income
- An undergraduate student whose household income does not exceed R122,000 per year and who begins their university studies before 2018.
Documents Needed for NSFAS Application 2023/2024
In November 2022, the application period for the National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) for the academic year 2023/2024 will open and close on the 30th of November 2022. All those who want to apply for NSFAS online 2023 should visit www.nsfas.org.za. The form can also be downloaded in PDF format.
What are the documents required to apply for NSFAS 2023?
- A copy of your ID or birth certificate is required
- A copy of your guardian’s, parents’, or spouse’s identification
- You will need to provide proof of your income or your IRPS for the past year if necessary
- Proof of income is not required for SASSA grant recipients
- Please provide a working email address and a valid cellphone number
- A Vulnerable Child Declaration and consent form must be completed and signed by students identified by the Department of Social Development as Vulnerable Children
What will NSFAS cover in 2023
- The food and meals we consume
- The transport sector
- The books
- Fees for school
- SASSA SRD R350 wrong banking details Declined ,What I do now?
- SRD SASSA want to replace R350 grant with the new grant
- Reconfirm SASSA SRD R350 grant September at srd.sassa.gov.za
- SASSA Grant Payment Dates For 2022-2023
- SASSA grant updated payment date for October 2022
- SASSA grant updated payment date for September 2022
- Sassa Srd R350 To R624 New Income Threshold Proposed
- SASSA Disability Grant payment date August 2022